While listening to Toby Keith's latest album, 35mph Town, Wild Shot Mezcal's creative team thought, "Wouldn't it be cool to create a drink around this album?". The lyrics to "Beautiful Stranger" were most inspiring.
"Beautiful stranger in the candlelight
God must have told you
That I needed this tonight"
CANDLELIGHT! That's it! And the team got to work on a flaming cocktail. It turns out that all you need to make a flaming cocktail is an alcohol higher than 80PROOF (check!) to float on top of an alcohol that is less than 80PROOF and a lighter. The team followed these helpful tips from Cocktails of the World:
* Warm the glass you are going to serve your drink before you begin.
* Prepare your cocktail.
* Pour a bit of the highest proof alcohol into a spoon.
* Ignite using a long kitchen match.
* Carefully pour flaming liquid into the cocktail.
* Serve immediately.
* Extinguish before drinking. (Blow it out.)
* Use extreme caution.
* Most importantly: Never drink while flame is still lit!!!
The Wild Shot Mezcal team does not recommend trying this at home. Note that the flame will resemble more of a blue glow. The room's lighting may need to be dim in order to see the blue flame.